We are looking for an experienced and skilled Workshop Manager for our organization. As a Workshop Manager, your role is to manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day-to-day operations in the workshop. It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
- Ensure the entire process flow of the workshop is carried as per the timeline and in coordination with Team Leaders, Service Advisors, Admin, Accounts, Procurement, etc.
- Plans, organize and coordinate job scheduling and allocation for day-to-day workshop operations.
- Maintains high-quality service repairs, ensures quality control and minimizes comebacks.
- Time management of each job carried out i.e., for sections such as detailing, painting, mechanical, electrical, etc. in coordination with what has been communicated with the customer maintaining realistic timelines.
- Ensure compliance to health and safety rules of company as well as UAE government.
- Ensures adequate maintenance of tools, equipment and other material in the service area. Keeps up-to-date of new equipment and tools available and recommends purchases.
- Ensures the proper care, storage and inventory of special tools.
- Monitors and follows up on car status inside the workshop and makes sure it aligns in accordance to promised time.
- Monitors and follows up on parts orders to ensure timely availability.
- Verify repair orders related to warranty, insurance, retail etc.
- Ensure warranty standards are adhered to.
- Conducts regular meetings with workshop team along with the Service advisors to understand the difficulties faced and come up with needed solutions.
- Ensure that necessary take approvals are obtained from customers for all needed services and this shall be documented to avoid any complications that may arise.
- Quality control – Inspect the vehicle to ensure the job is done as per company standards, conduct vehicle inspections interior and exterior prior to delivering the vehicle, this includes test drives when applicable.
- Approve all material and parts purchase in coordination with company policies and in cost effective manner and from the right supplier.
- Motivate the team in terms of customer satisfaction, quality outcome, monthly achieving sales targets, etc.
- Compliance of all documents between the workshop and customers/suppliers are completed correctly which includes all accurate vehicle information as well as signed & stamped documents.
- Create and share new ideas, systems & policies with Human Resources Department or Senior Management to improve the workshop activities and to add value to the company and business.
- Report transparently on all major customer complaints and for any incidents/accidents in the workshop/premise with appropriate investigation report.
- Diploma or equivalent in Mechanical / Automotive or related field.
- 5 years’ experience managing an automotive workshop, particularly attached to a dealership
- Extensive Knowledge of mechanical issues, warranties, service and general repairs
- Strong analytical, communication and inter-personal skills with administrative competence vital for this role.
- Computer literate with a solid understanding of Microsoft applications
- Ability to advise customers on the required jobs in a timely, professional manner